Loader

Fire

Videos

UK Heathrow Airport: Travelers advised not to head to the airport

UK Heathrow Airport: Travelers advised not to head to the airport

On March 21st, UK’s Heathrow Airport was shut down after a massive power outage following the fire. The airport in a statement said that it will be closed until midnight after experiencing a significant power outage due to a fire at a nearby electrical substation supplying the airport. Heathrow Airport and London Fire Brigade released statements after fire at substation stating the closure of the airport until 11:59 PM on March 21 and also advised travelers not to head to the airport The London Fire Brigade said its crews were tackling the fire in Hayes in west London and had evacuated around 150 people as a precaution.

22 March,2025 04:09 PM IST
UK Heathrow Airport: Fire at electrical substation causes closure of airport

UK Heathrow Airport: Fire at electrical substation causes closure of airport

In a shocking incident, more than 100 flights have been diverted after a massive power outage due to fire at the Heathrow Airport led to the airport halting its services until 11:59 PM on March 21, 2025. The London Fire Brigade has deployed ten fire engines and approximately 70 firefighters to combat the blaze, evacuating around 150 people from nearby properties as a precaution.  Passengers are advised not to travel to the airport and to contact their airlines for updates.  Eurocontrol has reported that no arrivals are currently permitted at Heathrow, with diversion plans in place; several flights, including Qantas from Perth to Paris and a United Airlines flight from New York, have already been rerouted.

21 March,2025 12:27 PM IST
Massive fire hits furniture markets in Azad Chowk, Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar

Massive fire hits furniture markets in Azad Chowk, Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar

A massive fire broke out early this morning at the furniture shops in Azad Chowk, located in Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar, Maharashtra. The blaze erupted around 5:00 AM in the Central Naka area, which is known for selling furniture and vehicle spare parts. Several shops were gutted by the flames. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and worked tirelessly to bring the fire under control. Tankers of water were brought in to assist with the firefighting efforts as a large crowd gathered outside the burning shops. Footage from the scene showed the charred remains of the affected shops. The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation. Inspector Dilip provided a brief update on the situation, confirming that the fire has been brought under control, but the cause remains unclear. The Central Naka area has suffered significant damage, but thankfully, no casualties have been reported so far.

20 March,2025 11:21 AM IST
Israel unleashes brutal airstrikes on Gaza, 100 killed amid ceasefire collapse

Israel unleashes brutal airstrikes on Gaza, 100 killed amid ceasefire collapse

Explosions rocked Gaza City in the early hours of Tuesday, March 18, as Israel's military launched airstrikes targeting Hamas positions. Bright flashes lit up the night sky, according to footage obtained by Reuters. Palestinian officials reported that at least 15 people were killed in the attacks, with Israel carrying out more than 35 airstrikes across the area. Medics at Nasser Hospital in Gaza’s Khan Younis confirmed that the airstrikes were the deadliest since the ceasefire on January 19, with over 30 deaths reported. In total, Palestinian health officials stated that at least 100 people had died in the recent strikes. Ambulances raced through the streets as emergency services responded to the damage. Hamas accused Israel of breaking the ceasefire agreement, while Israel's military provided no details but stated that the operations were part of a broader strategy against Hamas. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office confirmed that the military had been ordered to take "strong action" against Hamas. The attacks, which involved more than just airstrikes, marked a major escalation following weeks of failed ceasefire talks. The fate of 59 hostages held in Gaza remains uncertain, as the violence continues.

18 March,2025 12:17 PM IST
North Macedonia fire tragedy: Over 59 killed & over 100 injured

North Macedonia fire tragedy: Over 59 killed & over 100 injured

A deadly fire broke out at the 'Pulse' nightclub in Kocani, North Macedonia, on March 16, killing at least 59 people and injuring more than 100. The fire quickly spread to the ceiling and roof of the packed club, causing widespread panic. A video verified by Reuters showed a band performing on stage with two flares that sent white sparks into the air, which ignited the ceiling. The fire left many people trapped, and several were rushed to hospitals in Skopje and surrounding areas for treatment. Some were also sent to neighboring countries for further care. Simeon Sokolov, 50, said his daughter Anastasija, 23, was being treated in the hospital for burns and smoke inhalation. Relatives of the victims gathered outside hospitals, anxiously awaiting news on their loved ones' conditions. Among the injured, 27 people were reported to have severe burns, and 18 were in critical condition. In connection with the fire, police have detained the nightclub owner, and arrest warrants have been issued for four others. Authorities continue to investigate the cause of the blaze, which has shaken the small town of Kocani and the entire country.

17 March,2025 11:44 AM IST
Jharkhand Holi Violence: Shops and vehicles set on fire after communities clash

Jharkhand Holi Violence: Shops and vehicles set on fire after communities clash

In a tragic incident, Holi celebrations took a violent turn in Jharkhand’s Giridih on March 14, as clashes erupted between two communities near Ghodthambha Chowk. The festive atmosphere quickly descended into chaos, with vehicles set ablaze amid the unrest. Reportedly, the violence took place when a Holi procession was passing through a particular street, leading to an altercation that spiralled out of control for nearly an hour. While tensions remain high, officials have assured that the situation is under control.

15 March,2025 02:41 PM IST
Watch: Trump fires back at Trudeau over trade & border policies

Watch: Trump fires back at Trudeau over trade & border policies

A day after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau criticized Donald Trump's policies, he called Trump to discuss trade and border issues. After the call, Trump took a harsh swipe at Trudeau on Truth Social, accusing him of using tariffs for political gain ahead of Canada's elections on March 9, 2025. Trump also blamed Trudeau’s weak border policies for the deaths of many people. White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said the call was friendly but emphasized Trump’s strong stance on protecting American interests. Despite this attempt at diplomacy, the ongoing tensions and Trump's "America First" policy suggest a resolution between Canada and the U.S. is still far off.

06 March,2025 11:22 AM IST
Abu Azmi praises Aurangzeb, Remark sparks outrage, All you need to know

Abu Azmi praises Aurangzeb, Remark sparks outrage, All you need to know

Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Asim Azmi has been charged with offending religious sentiments following his remarks on Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. His comments, made on March 3rd, triggered significant controversy, leading to an adjournment in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on March 4th. Azmi defended Aurangzeb's reign, claiming that India earned the title of the "Golden Bird" during his rule. He further described the emperor as "not a cruel leader." His statement sparked outrage, with Maharashtra's Deputy CM Eknath Shinde strongly condemning Azmi’s remarks, calling them false. The comments also led to protests outside the Maharashtra Assembly on March 4th, with leaders from the Mahayuti alliance, including BJP, NCP, and Shiv Sena, raising slogans and holding placards in protest. BJP leaders such as Sudhanshu Trivedi, Pawan Bhandari, and Ramcharan Rao criticized Azmi's statement, further intensifying the controversy.

05 March,2025 01:35 PM IST
Pune Rape Case: Shiv Sena (UBT) and Congress rain fire at Fadnavis government

Pune Rape Case: Shiv Sena (UBT) and Congress rain fire at Fadnavis government

Following the Pune Rape Case, the opposition attacked the Fadnavis government and termed the case as an example of ‘faliure of government’. Shiv Sena (UBT) spokesperson Anand Dubey said, "...The Pune incident has shaken the entire Maharashtra...We are living in modern times but such barbarism is happening in these times. Govt and those responsible for law & order are responsible for this. People swear by the law & order in Maharashtra...The manner in which crime has increased in Pune is very unfortunate...After 48 hours, Govt is appreciating itself that it has nabbed the accused...What is the guarantee that he acted alone? It is possible that there is a gang behind this...Locals say that buses remain parked there and incident happen on those buses everyday. This incident has come to light, several others might not have. Govt must dismantle this entire gang. We demand Devendra Fadnavis to hang the guilty and also have an investigation...Law & order of entire Maharashtra is collapsing..." Congress National Spokesperson Atul Londhe Patil saidd, "Such incidents, happening again and again, reveal the failure of government. A fake encounter was done in Badlapur case, High Court also made an observation...It is a failure of the government that it is unable to provide security to women..."

28 February,2025 12:37 PM IST
Trump disappointed by the discovery of Israeli hostages' bodies

Trump disappointed by the discovery of Israeli hostages' bodies

On February 26, former U.S. President Donald Trump expressed his disappointment upon hearing about the discovery of the bodies of four Israeli hostages. These hostages were reportedly killed during the conflict in Gaza. Trump’s reaction came in response to a question about the ongoing situation and efforts to address the hostages' plight. When further questioned about the progress of the second phase of the Gaza peace deal, Trump responded by emphasizing that Israel should take the lead in the situation. He stated that any actions related to resolving the ongoing conflict and the hostages' fate should be determined and executed by Israel itself. His comment underlined his belief that Israel, as the directly affected nation, should drive the efforts to address the issue.

27 February,2025 01:35 PM IST

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK